USB host functions
The following USB host functions that are defined by the USB specification are provided:
- Detection of USB device insertion/removal
- Management of USB standard requests via control transfers
- Management of data flow between host and devices
- Support for hubs to enable management of multiple USB devices
PrCONNECT/Pro supports the following transfer types.
- Control transfer: Control data transfer between host and target
- Bulk transfer: Transfer of relatively large amounts of data or non-periodic data transfer
- Interrupt transfer: Periodic transfer of relatively small amounts of data
- Isochronous transfer: Method used for transfer when real-time transfer is required
Includes sample class drivers
Includes sample classes that can be used as reference when creating a custom class driver.
Optional Class drivers available
The following class drivers are provided as an option.
- Mass Storage Class diver
- ACM(Abstract Control Model) supported Communication Device Class driver
- Audio Class driver
- HID Class driver
The Mass Storage Class driver provides a storage function when the connected device, such as a large-capacity device or digital camera, supports the Mass Storage Class. The features of the Mass Storage Class driver are as follows:
- Supports the Bulk-Only and CBI transfer protocols
- Supports the following subclasses:
o SCSI transparent command set
- Supports multiple LUNs
- A file system is required to operate Mass Storage Class (PrFILE2, PrFILE2/exFAT is recommended).
- Other class drivers will be supported in the near future.
PrUSB/Host itself is written in the C language and is not dependent on any CPU. Host controller drivers and code dependent on the operating system are separated to ensure easy porting to a different environment.
Supports T-Engine and T-Kernel
PrUSB/Host supports T-Engine and T-Kernel.
Availability (Source code provided)
PrUSB/Host is available in source code.
Maintenance service and customization service
The following maintenance service is provided. The maintenance service enables developers to use PrUSB/Host with peace of mind.
- Response to email inquiries regarding the product
- Minor version upgrades
In addition, a customization service is available for supporting PrUSB/Host in different environments, such as a custom real-time operating system (RTOS) or hardware.
PrUSB Architecture Diagram
Successful operation of PrUSB has been demonstrated in the following environments :
* Host controller: UHCI/OHCI/EHCI/XHCI
* Several built-in controllers: please contact us for details
An RTOS is required for operating PrUSB. Please contact us for details about the compatible RTOS and development environments.
Options and related products